30.11.11

Gordon Robertson


Who are you?
Gordon Robertson. Writer. Fan of Morrissey, Herge, Powell and Pressburger, Ealing Comedies and a probably mythical time when the best thing in the world was to be British.

What have you done / what are you doing?
Co-creator of the world's number one webcomic with the word 'Arse' in the title. It's a slightly surreal take on my experiences as a bowel cancer sufferer and wonderfully drawn by co-creator Cuttlefish.

Founder of the Glasgow League of Writers - a comic book writer's collective in Glasgow who meet to discuss, workshop and chat about writing. Our first anthology is coming soon, to be quickly followed by our second one and then…well you get the picture. The League has been a fantastic success and is something I would like to see reach out to other writers across the UK and beyond.

Comic book editor for GEEKChocolate. I do reviews and news for this upmarket geek site. Not as often as I should, or would like to, but that's the pain of the day job for you.

You can find some previous comic book stuff in Bulletproof Comics' Bomb Scares anthology and I have some previous convictions I would like taken into account in the world of film and TV.

Why comics?
Comics were my first love. I was a precocious child and I clearly remember the first book I ever borrowed from the library, when I was round about 5 - The Crab With the Golden Claws. I was hooked from that moment on.

Tintin, Asterix and the UK Mighty World of Marvel weeklies fuelled my over active imagination as a child and made me the man I am today.

I love the collaborative process of creating comics. Seeing someone take what you've written and turn it into images is a buzz like no other. Particularly when, as is the case with Arse Cancer, the artist takes your words and turn them into something way beyond what theywould otherwise have been.

Further info:
Visit our webcomic http://www.arsecancer.co.uk/
Follow the Glasgow League of Writers on Twitter: @GLoWriters

No comments:

Post a Comment