4.11.11

Mary M Talbot


Who are you?
Mary M Talbot, academic-turned-graphic-novelist.

What have you done / what are you doing?
I’ve worked in higher education for over twenty-five years and Dotter of her Father’s Eyes is the first work I’ve undertaken in the graphic novel format. I’ve published widely on language, gender and power, particularly in relation to media and consumer culture. My other recent books include Language and Gender (2nd edition) and Media Discourse: Representation and Interaction. I’m currently scripting a historical graphic novel.

Why comics?
It’s a great medium, where it’s still possible to do new and exciting things. I’m really enjoying using the graphic novel format to explore gender politics and women’s social history in an accessible and interesting way.

Further info:
www.mary-talbot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment